U.S. Marines lose 2 colleagues in shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A tragic week for the U.S. Marine Corps as Investigators are now trying to determine a motive In what is being described as a murder-suicide that left three marines dead in Virginia.
The investigation continues Friday into the shootings which happened at about 10:30 p.m. Thursday at a base in Quantico about 40 miles south of Washington.
Military officials say the gunman was a marine who worked at an officer candidate's school.
He shot two of his colleagues there. Col. David Maxwell of Marine Corps Base Quantico said, "Two other victims-- a male and female-- both active duty marines, were pronounced dead at the scene."
Authorities say the gunman then killed himself in a barracks dorm room. All three were staff members at the officer candidate's school.
Officials in Virginia have not released the identities of the dead, pending notification of their families.
shooting, murder, national/world, dale yurong
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels