500,000 to 1-million child porn images, videos seized in Florida
LEESBURG, Fla. (KFSN) -- Florida police catch an alleged pedophile with hundreds of thousands of illicit pictures and videos of children.
Florida authorities say it's the biggest child pornography bust in state history. Police raided an apartment in Leesburg, Florida, about 45 miles north of Orlando, on Thursday.
John Shearen, 51, was arrested and charged with 15 counts of possession of child pornography and 15 counts of distribution. Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent Jeff Duncan says Shearen had between 500-thousand and a million child porn videos.
"He ended up being identified as one of the top downloaders and sharers of child pornography in the state of Florida; actually, number one," said Shearen.
Authorities also found pieces of children's clothing inside Shearen's apartment. He's jailed in Lake County without bond.
sex crimes, florida, national/world
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart