500,000 to 1-million child porn images, videos seized in Florida
LEESBURG, Fla. (KFSN) -- Florida police catch an alleged pedophile with hundreds of thousands of illicit pictures and videos of children.
Florida authorities say it's the biggest child pornography bust in state history. Police raided an apartment in Leesburg, Florida, about 45 miles north of Orlando, on Thursday.
John Shearen, 51, was arrested and charged with 15 counts of possession of child pornography and 15 counts of distribution. Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent Jeff Duncan says Shearen had between 500-thousand and a million child porn videos.
"He ended up being identified as one of the top downloaders and sharers of child pornography in the state of Florida; actually, number one," said Shearen.
Authorities also found pieces of children's clothing inside Shearen's apartment. He's jailed in Lake County without bond.
sex crimes, florida, national/world
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail 3 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital 57 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- 7 health apps you need to know about
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in...
6 min ago
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
30 min ago