Receptionist: Unlicensed doc fled Pa. clinic raid
PHILADELPHIA -- A medical receptionist says an unlicensed doctor fled out a back door the night of an FBI raid on a Philadelphia clinic.
Witness Tina Baldwin has testified Thursday at the trial of abortion provider Kermit Gosnel and unlicensed doctor Eileen O'Neill. Gosnell is charged with killing a patient and seven babies, while O'Neill is charged with billing as a doctor.
Baldwin says O'Neill cared about the elderly patients she saw for high blood pressure and diabetes problems. But she says O'Neill wrote prescriptions on a pre-signed pad, even when Gosnell was not working.
On cross-examination, she acknowledged Gosnell often stopped at the clinic on days off. The defense hopes to suggest Gosnell could have authorized the prescriptions.
Baldwin also says that O'Neill called her just after the February 2010 clinic raid to say she had slipped out the back.
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos