Dr. Kermit Gosnell won't testify, call witnesses
PHILADELPHIA -- A Philadelphia abortion provider won't testify or call witnesses at his capital murder trial.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell's decision follows five weeks of prosecution evidence. Defense lawyer Jack McMahon has done his work by challenging witnesses on cross-examination.
The jury is expected to hear closing arguments on Monday.
The 72-year-old Gosnell is charged with killing four babies allegedly born alive at his clinic. He is also charged in the 2009 overdose death of a 41-year-old refugee who died months after coming to the U.S.
A string of former employees have testified that Gosnell relied on untrained, unlicensed staff to sedate and monitor women as they waited for abortions.
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 41 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos