Dr. Kermit Gosnell won't testify, call witnesses
PHILADELPHIA -- A Philadelphia abortion provider won't testify or call witnesses at his capital murder trial.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell's decision follows five weeks of prosecution evidence. Defense lawyer Jack McMahon has done his work by challenging witnesses on cross-examination.
The jury is expected to hear closing arguments on Monday.
The 72-year-old Gosnell is charged with killing four babies allegedly born alive at his clinic. He is also charged in the 2009 overdose death of a 41-year-old refugee who died months after coming to the U.S.
A string of former employees have testified that Gosnell relied on untrained, unlicensed staff to sedate and monitor women as they waited for abortions.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos