Police: Doc attacked girlfriend over Facebook post
MIAMI, FL -- Authorities say a plastic surgeon in Miami attacked his girlfriend for several hours over a Facebook posting, forcing her head into a toilet and stuffing a rag in the woman's mouth at one point.
Police say 41-year-old Orlando Llorente was charged Wednesday with kidnapping and attempted murder.
According to police, Llorente grabbed the 36-year-old woman by the hair on April 21, took her into the bathroom and stuck her head in the toilet. Authorities say he also forced her into the bathtub, stuffed a rag in her mouth and poured water over her face.
Police didn't say what was in the Facebook posting.
Llorente's attorney, Marcos Beaton, told several Miami TV stations that his client surrendered voluntarily to police and wants to clear his name. He says the allegations against Llorente are false.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 39 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting 7 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos