Police: Dead Boston bombing suspect buried
BOSTON, MA -- Police in Worcester, Mass., say the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has been buried outside of the city.
Police said in a statement Thursday that "a courageous and compassionate individual came forward" to properly bury the remains, which had been at a Worcester funeral home for about a week.
Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst says the body is no longer in Worcester and is now entombed.
Police did not disclose where the body was taken.
Tsarnaev's body had been at the Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors for a week. Director Peter Stefan says he could not find a community willing to take the body, including Cambridge, where the family had lived for a decade. Tsarnaev's uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, had custody of the body.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, national/world
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos