Police: Dead Boston bombing suspect buried
BOSTON, MA -- Police in Worcester, Mass., say the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has been buried outside of the city.
Police said in a statement Thursday that "a courageous and compassionate individual came forward" to properly bury the remains, which had been at a Worcester funeral home for about a week.
Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst says the body is no longer in Worcester and is now entombed.
Police did not disclose where the body was taken.
Tsarnaev's body had been at the Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors for a week. Director Peter Stefan says he could not find a community willing to take the body, including Cambridge, where the family had lived for a decade. Tsarnaev's uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, had custody of the body.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, national/world
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard 27 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos