Police: Dead Boston bombing suspect buried
BOSTON, MA -- Police in Worcester, Mass., say the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has been buried outside of the city.
Police said in a statement Thursday that "a courageous and compassionate individual came forward" to properly bury the remains, which had been at a Worcester funeral home for about a week.
Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst says the body is no longer in Worcester and is now entombed.
Police did not disclose where the body was taken.
Tsarnaev's body had been at the Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors for a week. Director Peter Stefan says he could not find a community willing to take the body, including Cambridge, where the family had lived for a decade. Tsarnaev's uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, had custody of the body.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, national/world
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 52 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 12 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 38 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free