Police: Dead Boston bombing suspect buried
BOSTON, MA -- Police in Worcester, Mass., say the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has been buried outside of the city.
Police said in a statement Thursday that "a courageous and compassionate individual came forward" to properly bury the remains, which had been at a Worcester funeral home for about a week.
Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst says the body is no longer in Worcester and is now entombed.
Police did not disclose where the body was taken.
Tsarnaev's body had been at the Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors for a week. Director Peter Stefan says he could not find a community willing to take the body, including Cambridge, where the family had lived for a decade. Tsarnaev's uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, had custody of the body.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, national/world
- Valley experts give advice after 40M accounts breached 6 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos