Police: Dead Boston bombing suspect buried
BOSTON, MA -- Police in Worcester, Mass., say the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has been buried outside of the city.
Police said in a statement Thursday that "a courageous and compassionate individual came forward" to properly bury the remains, which had been at a Worcester funeral home for about a week.
Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst says the body is no longer in Worcester and is now entombed.
Police did not disclose where the body was taken.
Tsarnaev's body had been at the Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors for a week. Director Peter Stefan says he could not find a community willing to take the body, including Cambridge, where the family had lived for a decade. Tsarnaev's uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, had custody of the body.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, national/world
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 7 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma 49 min ago
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- Day 99 of Rhonda's 100 Day Fitness Challenge
16 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos