More than 200 sick form heat at Las Vegas Warped Tour
Fresno Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 200 people had to be treated for heat-related symptoms while attending an outdoor concert in Las Vegas.
Fire officials said the patients were overwhelmed by the triple digit temperatures at the Warped Tour music festival Friday. Emergency workers set up several medical tents to prepare for the 112 degree heat.
Most of the sick people just needed to re hydrate and stay in the shade. But 34 of those affected by the heat had to be hospitalized.
las vegas, heat wave, national/world
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 35 min ago
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera 10 min ago
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance