Authorities say Canada train derailment kills 5
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities have recovered bodies from a town in Canada where a train derailment caused several explosions.
Two more fatalities were confirmed over Saturday night, bringing the death toll to five, and that number is expected to rise as crews search through the rubble.The 73 car freight train ran off the tracks yesterday morning in Quebec. All but one of the cars were carrying crude oil. The accident caused several explosions and forced about a thousand people to evacuate.
Canada's prime minister visited the charred scene Sunday morning and described it as a war zone.
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation 33 min ago
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole