Authorities say Canada train derailment kills 5
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities have recovered bodies from a town in Canada where a train derailment caused several explosions.
Two more fatalities were confirmed over Saturday night, bringing the death toll to five, and that number is expected to rise as crews search through the rubble.The 73 car freight train ran off the tracks yesterday morning in Quebec. All but one of the cars were carrying crude oil. The accident caused several explosions and forced about a thousand people to evacuate.
Canada's prime minister visited the charred scene Sunday morning and described it as a war zone.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos