Banker accused of rape in New York's Hamptons
EAST HAMPTON, NY -- A New York investment banker has been arrested on a rape charge stemming from an encounter at a party at a house he was renting in the Hamptons.
Authorities say police responded to a disturbance at the house Jason Lee was renting with his wife in tony East Hampton. Police say several people had gathered at the house Tuesday and that a 20-year-old woman was sexually assaulted there.
Lee's lawyer, Edward Burke, Jr., says his client adamantly denies the allegations. He tells The New York Times that Lee is an "investment bank managing director."
The 37-year-old Lee was arraigned on a rape charge and released after posting $20,000 cash bail at East Hampton Justice Court.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 26 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball