Computer glitch leads to food stamp shopping spree at Walmart
SPRINGHILL, LA -- In Louisiana, shoppers were caught red-handed trying to get free groceries, when a computer glitch prevented thousands of government issued food stamps cards from working.
Walmart decided to take cardholders' word about the amount of funds they had on their cards during the glitch. That trust led to shoppers clearing shelves and shoving everything into shopping carts.
When the systems started working again, the would-be shoppers walked out leaving their groceries behind.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 35 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 42 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies