Computer glitch leads to food stamp shopping spree at Walmart
SPRINGHILL, LA -- In Louisiana, shoppers were caught red-handed trying to get free groceries, when a computer glitch prevented thousands of government issued food stamps cards from working.
Walmart decided to take cardholders' word about the amount of funds they had on their cards during the glitch. That trust led to shoppers clearing shelves and shoving everything into shopping carts.
When the systems started working again, the would-be shoppers walked out leaving their groceries behind.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark 49 min ago
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
55 min ago
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for...
47 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos