Three sisters hold wedding on same day so dying mom can attend
GEORGIA -- A special celebration that was held on Sunday is being marked by sadness today.
Sisters Jodie, Sarah and Kaylie Swales of Georgia decided to all get married at the same time and hold the ceremony on the same day so their mom could be there.
Becky Swales has cancer, but wanted to live to see her daughters walk down the aisle before she died.
"It's kind of bitter sweet because we're happy she's here, but we're sad because it's probably going to be the last big thing we do with her," Jodie said.
The ceremony went off without hitch, in large part because of the donations that poured in to help give the sister the wedding they had always dreamed of.
Sadly, Becky passed away on Monday, but not before her dream came true.
weddings, cancer, national/world
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy