Paddleboarder's video captures close encounter with shark
MANHATTAN BEACH, CA -- Scary video out of California. A paddleboarder went looking for sharks and found them swimming right underneath his board, even bumping it.
Mike Durand says he heard two large sharks were spotted off the coast of Manhattan Beach, so he went to check it out. Watch the video here to see it from his perspective.
The sharks are believed to be juvenile great whites, measuring upwards of seven feet long.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified