More people moving to Oregon than any other state
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- California's neighbor to the north, Oregon, appears to be attracting a good number of new residents.
Moving company United Van Lines released their annual migration study this week and it found Oregon was the number one destination for people moving from one state to another in 2013.
Washington, DC previously held the top spot for the last five years.
The company says many of Oregon's new residents are former Californians.
A UCLA economist says young professionals and retirees are drawn to amenities such as public transit, green space and local arts and entertainment.
Housing costs are also very attractive in Oregon compared to California.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 34 min ago
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7 8 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Police are investigating a deadly shooting...
44 min ago