More people moving to Oregon than any other state
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- California's neighbor to the north, Oregon, appears to be attracting a good number of new residents.
Moving company United Van Lines released their annual migration study this week and it found Oregon was the number one destination for people moving from one state to another in 2013.
Washington, DC previously held the top spot for the last five years.
The company says many of Oregon's new residents are former Californians.
A UCLA economist says young professionals and retirees are drawn to amenities such as public transit, green space and local arts and entertainment.
Housing costs are also very attractive in Oregon compared to California.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 4 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 30 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart