Michelle Obama vacations in Hawaii with Oprah
First lady Michelle Obama is choosing to spend a few extra days under the Hawaiian sun ahead of her 50th birthday party and it turns out she's in good company.
Obama is hanging out with Oprah Winfrey at the former talk-show host's Maui villa. A local resident noticed lots of police cars and Secret Service agents around Winfrey's compound these past few days.
The first lady turns 50 on Jan. 17. She'll celebrate back in Washington DC.
By the way, Winfrey is turning 60 on Jan. 29.
After the celebration, Obama will head here, to San Francisco's Fairmont hotel.
Politico is reporting that the first lady will host a democratic committee fundraiser in San Francisco on Jan. 31. She'll be joined by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
The fundraiser was originally scheduled in October, but was postponed because of the government shutdown.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates 24 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers 10 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause 6 min ago
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
29 min ago
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good...
7 min ago