Michelle Obama vacations in Hawaii with Oprah
First lady Michelle Obama is choosing to spend a few extra days under the Hawaiian sun ahead of her 50th birthday party and it turns out she's in good company.
Obama is hanging out with Oprah Winfrey at the former talk-show host's Maui villa. A local resident noticed lots of police cars and Secret Service agents around Winfrey's compound these past few days.
The first lady turns 50 on Jan. 17. She'll celebrate back in Washington DC.
By the way, Winfrey is turning 60 on Jan. 29.
After the celebration, Obama will head here, to San Francisco's Fairmont hotel.
Politico is reporting that the first lady will host a democratic committee fundraiser in San Francisco on Jan. 31. She'll be joined by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
The fundraiser was originally scheduled in October, but was postponed because of the government shutdown.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals