Mom, 2 toddlers fatally stabbed in NYC apartment
NEW YORK -- Police on Monday were looking for a man wanted after the stabbing deaths of his two young daughters and their mother in their home.
The bodies of 1-year-old Yaslin Mejia and 2-year-old Daniela Mejia and their mother, 21-year-old Deisy Garcia, were discovered in a bedroom of their Queens apartment by other household members on Sunday night. They had been stabbed multiple times in their chests.
The girls' father, 28-year-old Miguel Mejia-Ramos, is considered a suspect in the case, police said. He's known to drive a white 2001 Chevrolet commercial van and a white Dodge Suburban, they said.
Members of Garcia's nearby church said she and her daughters were from Guatemala. They described her as a devoted mother who often danced at the church. They said they were surprised when she didn't show up for service on Sunday.
Paramedics were called to the apartment, located over a pharmacy in the Jamaica section, at about 7 p.m. Sunday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos