Dolphins steal the show at Santa Barbara, California surf competition
SANTA BARBARA, CA -- Everybody won at a surf competition in Santa Barbara, California this weekend when a pod of dolphins joined in the fun.
They hit the waves alongside the surfers at the Rincon Classic.
Dolphins are common in the area, although it's rare to see them so actively joining in with surfers.
It wasn't just a couple either; there were about a dozen dolphins cruising the waves.
The crowd cheered them on as competitors watched on in awe.
This story was first reported by KGO-TV, KTRK-TV's sister station in San Francisco.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos