Mayor Swearengin Returns to Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin is back in Fresno after meeting with President Obama and top federal officials in Washington D.C.
Swearengin arrived at Fresno-Yosemite International Airport Friday morning.
She met with White House staffers Thursday to discuss how job creation and economic growth could be incubated in the Central Valley.
Swearengin said the Valley's water crisis and the record high employment rate have caught the president's attention. Swearengin also urged Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar to not implement biological opinions that would cut off even more of the Valley's water supply.
She was one of only five U.S. mayors to attend president Obama's Jobs and Economic Growth Summit.
fresno, valley politics, ashley swearengin, politics
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 3 min ago
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession 41 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station 59 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban 16 min ago
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC 24 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos