Prop 8 Witness List Shrinks
San Francisco -- The Federal Trial over Proposition 8 will continue in San Francisco on Monday after wrapping up its first full week.On Friday - sponsors of Prop 8 announced they're shortening their witness list for next week.
Instead of six people, they'll only have two.
The lawyer for the sponsors of the proposition that bans gay marriage says their witnesses are worried about their safety.
"Their concern was the same that others have, that they will be targeted for retaliation, both professionally and personally," said Andrew Pugno, Yes on Prop 8.
The reason they withdrew those expert witnesses was not because of cameras, it was because they did not want to subject them to cross examination by David Boies," said Theodore Boutrous, No on Prop 8.
David Boies is the star attorney representing the "No on 8" side.
The trial is expected to last about another week.
gay rights, san francisco, politics
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos