Prop 8 Witness List Shrinks
San Francisco -- The Federal Trial over Proposition 8 will continue in San Francisco on Monday after wrapping up its first full week.On Friday - sponsors of Prop 8 announced they're shortening their witness list for next week.
Instead of six people, they'll only have two.
The lawyer for the sponsors of the proposition that bans gay marriage says their witnesses are worried about their safety.
"Their concern was the same that others have, that they will be targeted for retaliation, both professionally and personally," said Andrew Pugno, Yes on Prop 8.
The reason they withdrew those expert witnesses was not because of cameras, it was because they did not want to subject them to cross examination by David Boies," said Theodore Boutrous, No on Prop 8.
David Boies is the star attorney representing the "No on 8" side.
The trial is expected to last about another week.
gay rights, san francisco, politics
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos