Perea Kicks Off Campaign for Assembly Candidacy
Fresno, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno City council member Henry T. Perea kicked off his campaign for the 31st Assembly district Saturday.
Perea and dozens of volunteers celebrated the grand opening of his campaign headquarters in central Fresno and then went straight to work to collect signatures.
Perea needs 1,500 signatures to get his name on the primary ballot in June.
If elected, he says creating jobs will be his main focus.
"Priority number one is to get people back to work, that's what I'm going to focus on and make sure we increase economic development for our county," said Henry T. Perea, Assembly Candidate.
Perea said he's already collected about 500 signatures and he was hoping to have close to 1,000 by the end of Saturday.
So far, Perea's only primary competition is from a 19-year-old political newcomer.
On the republican side, Brandon Shoemaker is a likely contender.
fresno, state politics, politics
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks