McCain May Face GOP Challenger in AZ Senate Race
Former presidential candidate John McCain could be facing a reelection challenge in his home state of Arizona.
Former congressman and radio talk show host J.D. Hayworth says he is considering challenging McCain in a Republican primary. Hayworth says he respects John McCain's service to the country, but he says Arizona needs a change.
"People have contacted me and polling indicates that a lot of Arizona conservatives want to have a consistent conservative in the United States Senate as opposed to a moderate who describes himself as a maverick," said J.D. Hayworth.
The McCain campaign is taking Hayworth's challenge seriously. They have bought time for ads during his radio show.
McCain will have some help in his primary challenge from his former running mate. Sarah Palin is expected to campaign along with McCain.
political races, politics
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home 28 min ago
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia