McCain May Face GOP Challenger in AZ Senate Race
Former presidential candidate John McCain could be facing a reelection challenge in his home state of Arizona.
Former congressman and radio talk show host J.D. Hayworth says he is considering challenging McCain in a Republican primary. Hayworth says he respects John McCain's service to the country, but he says Arizona needs a change.
"People have contacted me and polling indicates that a lot of Arizona conservatives want to have a consistent conservative in the United States Senate as opposed to a moderate who describes himself as a maverick," said J.D. Hayworth.
The McCain campaign is taking Hayworth's challenge seriously. They have bought time for ads during his radio show.
McCain will have some help in his primary challenge from his former running mate. Sarah Palin is expected to campaign along with McCain.
political races, politics
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 13 min ago
- Man shot in the chest in Parlier; 1 person detained 9 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 33 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Man shot in the chest in Parlier; 1 person...
9 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County...
58 min ago