McCain May Face GOP Challenger in AZ Senate Race
Former presidential candidate John McCain could be facing a reelection challenge in his home state of Arizona.
Former congressman and radio talk show host J.D. Hayworth says he is considering challenging McCain in a Republican primary. Hayworth says he respects John McCain's service to the country, but he says Arizona needs a change.
"People have contacted me and polling indicates that a lot of Arizona conservatives want to have a consistent conservative in the United States Senate as opposed to a moderate who describes himself as a maverick," said J.D. Hayworth.
The McCain campaign is taking Hayworth's challenge seriously. They have bought time for ads during his radio show.
McCain will have some help in his primary challenge from his former running mate. Sarah Palin is expected to campaign along with McCain.
political races, politics
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam