Schwarzenegger Signed Homebuyers Bill in Fresno
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Governor Schwarzenegger signed a state law aimed at helping new homebuyers while creating new jobs. The governor signed the bill in Northwest Fresno at the new Granville Homes development.
Under the bill -- a $10-thousand dollar tax credit will be provided to California residents buying their first home or buying a brand new home.
The governor says the legislation will help the building industry because as more homes are sold, more must be built, so more jobs are created.
housing, fresno, arnold schwarzenegger, politics
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane 23 min ago
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase