Whitman contributes another $20-million to her campaign
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Former eBay C.E.O. and Republican Candidate for California governor Meg Whitman is giving her campaign a big financial boost.
Whitman announced late Monday she's writing herself a $20-million dollar check for her campaign. It comes after already spending $46 million dollars in her quest for the republican nomination.
Whitman has been spending heavily in T.V. and radio ads, which has helped her open up a 50-point lead on her G.O.P. rival Steve Poizner. Both Poizner and democratic candidate Jerry Brown have accused Whitman of trying to buy her way into the governor's office.
election race, meg whitman, steve poizner, jerry brown, politics
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times