Whitman contributes another $20-million to her campaign
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Former eBay C.E.O. and Republican Candidate for California governor Meg Whitman is giving her campaign a big financial boost.
Whitman announced late Monday she's writing herself a $20-million dollar check for her campaign. It comes after already spending $46 million dollars in her quest for the republican nomination.
Whitman has been spending heavily in T.V. and radio ads, which has helped her open up a 50-point lead on her G.O.P. rival Steve Poizner. Both Poizner and democratic candidate Jerry Brown have accused Whitman of trying to buy her way into the governor's office.
election race, meg whitman, steve poizner, jerry brown, politics
- 4.4 earthquake shakes Los Angeles area 1 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 52 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids 6 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos