California Democratic Convention
LOS ANGELES (KFSN) -- California democrats are in Los Angeles this weekend their party's annual convention.
The three-day event is taking place at the L.A. convention center and is expected to draw several thousand people.
The convention started Friday with several caucus and committee meetings and a reception co-hosted by the city's mayor.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senator Barbara Boxer, and Attorney General Jerry Brown, are slated to speak Saturday.
John Burton, the California Democratic Party Chairman says the party has a lot of work ahead this weekend.
"It's going to be very exciting but it's not just going to be a celebration, we've have workshops. we're here to win elections, learn how to win elections and make sure that neither the governor's office nor the united states senate is for sale because people are millionaires and billionaires," California Democratic Party Chairman John Burton said.
As part of Saturday's agenda, delegates will vote for who they want as candidates for the June primary.
The convention ends Sunday with a general session and voting for positions on measures for the June ballot and on adopting the party's platform.
Barbara Boxer, nancy pelosi, jerry brown, los angeles, politics
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Accuweather Forecast
13 min ago