California Democratic Convention
LOS ANGELES (KFSN) -- California democrats are in Los Angeles this weekend their party's annual convention.
The three-day event is taking place at the L.A. convention center and is expected to draw several thousand people.
The convention started Friday with several caucus and committee meetings and a reception co-hosted by the city's mayor.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senator Barbara Boxer, and Attorney General Jerry Brown, are slated to speak Saturday.
John Burton, the California Democratic Party Chairman says the party has a lot of work ahead this weekend.
"It's going to be very exciting but it's not just going to be a celebration, we've have workshops. we're here to win elections, learn how to win elections and make sure that neither the governor's office nor the united states senate is for sale because people are millionaires and billionaires," California Democratic Party Chairman John Burton said.
As part of Saturday's agenda, delegates will vote for who they want as candidates for the June primary.
The convention ends Sunday with a general session and voting for positions on measures for the June ballot and on adopting the party's platform.
Barbara Boxer, nancy pelosi, jerry brown, los angeles, politics
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos