Fresno Farm Bureau hosts political debate
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Candidates in two local political contests are hoping they won voter support after squaring off Wednesday night.
Fresno City Council Member Cynthia Sterling is challenging incumbent County Supervisor Phil Larson for his seat. And in a city council race, Clint Olivier and Marcelino Valdez are competing for the open seat in District Seven.
The candidates fielded questions from a panel Wednesday night at the Fresno Farm Bureau. The audience had a chance to compare the candidates.
The candidates all face off in the June primary.
election race, cynthia sterling, clint olivier, phil larson, marcelino valdez, politics
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
54 min ago