Election morning turnout
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The polls opened at 7a.m. for Tuesday's primary election.
"Overall there's a declining interest in this election but that's typical of the June primary gubernatorial elections," Victor Salazar said.
More than 162,000 Fresno County voters requested absentee ballots this year. As of a week ago just over 55,000 had been mailed back, or 33 percent.
A good percentage of voters like Rudy Guadiana end up hand delivering their absentee ballots.
The Van Gerpen family cast their ballots at Fresno's elections office like they always do every election.
fresno, election day, politics, margot kim
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 48 min ago
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF 48 min ago
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases 46 min ago
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos