Election morning turnout
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The polls opened at 7a.m. for Tuesday's primary election.
"Overall there's a declining interest in this election but that's typical of the June primary gubernatorial elections," Victor Salazar said.
More than 162,000 Fresno County voters requested absentee ballots this year. As of a week ago just over 55,000 had been mailed back, or 33 percent.
A good percentage of voters like Rudy Guadiana end up hand delivering their absentee ballots.
The Van Gerpen family cast their ballots at Fresno's elections office like they always do every election.
fresno, election day, politics, margot kim
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado 5 min ago
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops