Election morning turnout
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The polls opened at 7a.m. for Tuesday's primary election.
"Overall there's a declining interest in this election but that's typical of the June primary gubernatorial elections," Victor Salazar said.
More than 162,000 Fresno County voters requested absentee ballots this year. As of a week ago just over 55,000 had been mailed back, or 33 percent.
A good percentage of voters like Rudy Guadiana end up hand delivering their absentee ballots.
The Van Gerpen family cast their ballots at Fresno's elections office like they always do every election.
fresno, election day, politics, margot kim
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame 16 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013