Fresno City Council Election Results
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four Fresno City Council seats were up for grabs Tuesday night, and it appears two of those races are headed to a runoff.
Incumbent Blong Xiong beat Lawrence Cano by a two to one margin in the District One race.
In district three, Mike Briggs and Oliver Baines are the top two vote getters with 28 and 22 percent. They're headed for a runoff in November.
The hotly contested race in Fresno's District Five saw eight candidates looking to take over for Councilman Mike Dages -- and then it was down to three -- with the top two making it into a runoff. Sitting with 28-percent of the vote is former City Councilman Sal Quintero. The race for second is tight between Louise Bauer-Davoli and Valerie Davis. Right now only four votes separate the two candidates. Fresno County Clerk Victor Salazar says there are still many absentee votes that haven't been counted. He has 28 days to certify the election and determine who will be in this runoff election.
Two newcomers squared off in the District Seven Fresno City Council race. Clint Olivier beat out Marcelino Valdez holding a commanding lead over his opponent Marcelino Valdez. Olivier received 63-percent of the votes while Valdez received 37-percent. Olivier will take over for Henery T. Perea who termed out as City Councilman.
election day, fresno, politics
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 8 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea 16 min ago
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
9 min ago
- Easy ways to make holiday parties festive
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos