Investigation into Allegations of voter misconduct in Southwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Investigators are looking into allegations of voter misconduct at a polling place in Southwest Fresno.
The investigation involves medical marijuana activist Rick Morse, who told Action News he and his son rented a van Tuesday and were picking up people at Poverello House and dropping them off at the polling place at Lincoln Elementary.
A campaign staffer for Fresno City Council Candidate Oliver Baines got a tip that something improper may be happening at the polling place and that Mike Brigg's campaign was possibly offering incentives for people to vote.
County Elections Officer, Victor Salazar told Action News he spent a couple of hours at the polling site and did not see anything improper but that the Sheriff's Department detectives were asked to investigate.
Mike Briggs has denied any involvement in the case.
election day, fresno, fresno southwest, politics
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos