Senator Feinstein alive, well despite hoax emails
SAN FRANCISCO -- The office of California Senator Dianne Feinstein denied a rumor Monday morning that the senator had died.
That came after several calls from media trying to confirm that she had died.
It apparently started when a fake email began circulating that said the senator had died of cancer at her San Francisco home.
It was all a hoax. Senator Feinstein is alive and well.
dianne feinstein, politics
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 2 min ago
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's