Calif. Gov. picks nominee for State Supreme Court
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Governor Schwarzenegger introduced California to the person he wants to be the next Chief Justice of the State Supreme Court.
Thursday he held a press conference with Tani Cantil-Sakauye, who is a current Associate Justice for the Third District Court in Sacramento. The governor said she is someone who will not try to create law from the bench.
Cantil-Sakauye must ultimately be approved by a panel and again by voters in a November ballot. If confirmed, she would become California's first Filipina Chief Justice.
arnold schwarzenegger, politics
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno 52 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender 35 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- California farmers to get more water
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Photos: Pictures show killer spared at the gallows
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
55 min ago
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex...
38 min ago