Calif. Gov. picks nominee for State Supreme Court
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Governor Schwarzenegger introduced California to the person he wants to be the next Chief Justice of the State Supreme Court.
Thursday he held a press conference with Tani Cantil-Sakauye, who is a current Associate Justice for the Third District Court in Sacramento. The governor said she is someone who will not try to create law from the bench.
Cantil-Sakauye must ultimately be approved by a panel and again by voters in a November ballot. If confirmed, she would become California's first Filipina Chief Justice.
arnold schwarzenegger, politics
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos