Senator Boxer visits Fresno in hopes to boost support
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Senator Boxer's re-election campaign was back in Fresno Monday night, a little more than a month since her last visit.
The most recent exclusive Action News poll shows she can use a boost in support.
According to the poll conducted earlier this month by Survey USA, Boxer trails Carly Fiorina 56 to 35 percent among central valley voters.
Fiorina held a seven point lead among valley voters a month earlier.
A news conference was held earlier Monday by Fiorina supporters in East Central Fresno. New campaign signs showing "stop boxer" were unveiled.
"But I think it's too little and a little too late for her all of a sudden, where she has taken the Central Valley and Fresno for granted all these years to now all of a sudden be your best friend," Fiorina Supporter Al Smith said.
Some political experts believe this will continue to be a tight race with both candidates perhaps splitting votes in northern and southern California.
Which would of course means the central valley would represent the swing vote in November's election.
fresno, fresno county, carly fiorina, Barbara Boxer, politics, tommy tran
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem