Senator Boxer visits Fresno in hopes to boost support
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Senator Boxer's re-election campaign was back in Fresno Monday night, a little more than a month since her last visit.
The most recent exclusive Action News poll shows she can use a boost in support.
According to the poll conducted earlier this month by Survey USA, Boxer trails Carly Fiorina 56 to 35 percent among central valley voters.
Fiorina held a seven point lead among valley voters a month earlier.
A news conference was held earlier Monday by Fiorina supporters in East Central Fresno. New campaign signs showing "stop boxer" were unveiled.
"But I think it's too little and a little too late for her all of a sudden, where she has taken the Central Valley and Fresno for granted all these years to now all of a sudden be your best friend," Fiorina Supporter Al Smith said.
Some political experts believe this will continue to be a tight race with both candidates perhaps splitting votes in northern and southern California.
Which would of course means the central valley would represent the swing vote in November's election.
fresno, fresno county, carly fiorina, Barbara Boxer, politics, tommy tran
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe