Parties send out big guns, 2 weeks until Election Day
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The elections are just seventeen days away and polls are showing big republican gains.
Former presidential candidate John McCain came out swinging at a rally for California's Republican Senate Candidate Carly Fiorina. McCain went after his senate colleague, Democrat Barbara Boxer.
"Barbara Boxer is the most bitterly partisan, the most anti-defense senator in the US senate today, I know that because I have had the unpleasant experience of having to serve with her," Sen. John McCain (R) Arizona said.
McCain's 2008 running mate also stumped in California.
"You fire Pelosi, retire Reed, and their whole band of merry followers, and we get back on the right track," Sarah Palin (R) Former vice presidential candidate said.
Sarah Palin did not appear at Fiorina's rally, or stand with Meg Whitman's, who is the GOP candidate for California Governor.
"Sarah Palin is great in terms of pulling out the base. She is Kryptonite to independent voters and centrists. And that's who you need to win elections, especially in California," John Avlon of Thedailybeast.com said.
The democrats are also pulling out all the stops, sending their top gun to boost sagging democratic spirits.
"We will win in November and all of us together will rebuild the middle class and restore the American dream," President Barack Obama said.
The president will team up with First Lady Michelle Obama in Ohio on Sunday to boost democratic voter turnout. "We've come much too far to turn back now."
Even Bill Clinton is burning up the campaign trail. "All we're asking is 2 more years. You gave them 8 years to dig the hole, you at least ought to give us 4 years to get out of it."
A plea that may go unheard in these tough economic times.
To learn more about the candidates and issues on the November ballot, just check out the abc30.com "next gen politics" website.
We've offered the candidates in every statewide and major valley race the opportunity to submit a five minute video statement explaining why they deserve your vote as well as information on all the state propositions.
john mccain, barbara boxer, carly fiorina, sarah palin, meg whitman, president barack obama, bill clinton, politics
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect 1 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos