Palin in Nevada to launch Tea Party Express tour
RENO, Nev. -- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is joining the Tea Party Express in Nevada again to launch a cross-country tour intended to capitalize on government discontent and unify conservatives determined to throw out Sen. Harry Reid and his Democratic allies in Congress.
Palin is the headliner at the kickoff rally in Reno Monday morning on behalf of Sharron Angle, the tea party-backed Republican running against the Senate majority leader.
Palin and the Tea Party Express drew more than 9,000 people to an anti-establishment rally in Reid's hometown of Searchlight in March. Angle can't attend Monday because the national committee based in California has made independent expenditures on her behalf.
The 15-day tour wraps up in New Hampshire on Nov. 1.
sarah palin, politics
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 1 min ago
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View' 28 min ago
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit 28 min ago
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed 28 min ago
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings