Palin in Nevada to launch Tea Party Express tour
RENO, Nev. -- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is joining the Tea Party Express in Nevada again to launch a cross-country tour intended to capitalize on government discontent and unify conservatives determined to throw out Sen. Harry Reid and his Democratic allies in Congress.
Palin is the headliner at the kickoff rally in Reno Monday morning on behalf of Sharron Angle, the tea party-backed Republican running against the Senate majority leader.
Palin and the Tea Party Express drew more than 9,000 people to an anti-establishment rally in Reid's hometown of Searchlight in March. Angle can't attend Monday because the national committee based in California has made independent expenditures on her behalf.
The 15-day tour wraps up in New Hampshire on Nov. 1.
sarah palin, politics
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia 16 min ago
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off 40 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Runners hit streets for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason 8 min ago
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose...
54 min ago