Poll shows Brown has 11-point lead over Whitman
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In the race for California Governor, a new Exclusive Action News Poll conducted by SurveyUSA shows democratic candidate for governor Jerry Brown maintaining his lead over Republican Meg Whitman. The poll released Monday morning shows brown leading Whitman 48 percent to 37 percent.
Jerry Brown kicked off the final day of his campaign in San Diego meeting with hundreds of supporters at a restaurant. He was in Sacramento, on Sunday. Brown is also visiting Los Angeles and Salinas before ending his campaign with a rally in his hometown of Oakland.
While brown says the lead in the polls is nice, he's not declaring victory. "It looks good. There's a lot of enthusiasm. We've been all around the state. I think people are ready for somebody to go back to the State Capitol who knows where all the bodies are buried."
Brown said if he wins Tuesday, he plans to go back to Sacramento within two weeks to start tackling the state's budget problems.
Brown's opponent, Meg Whitman will also spend the day in Southern California. She is meeting with campaign workers in her field offices.
Whitman will be in Woodland Hills, Costa Mesa, San Diego and Temecula. Sunday Whitman rallied up support in Burbank. She told the crowd she wants to take back California from public employee unions.
Whitman says her campaign's internal polling shows the race is a dead heat going into Election Day.
2010 election, 2010 california governor race, jerry brown, meg whitman, politics
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years