Boxer outspent Fiorina in Calfornia senate race
Newly re-elected Democratic Senator Barbara Boxer not only beat Republican Carly Fiorina at the ballot box -- Boxer also won the money contest over the Silicon Valley millionaire.
Boxer raised $28 million and spent almost all of it -- according to filings with the Federal Election Commission.
Fiorina raised $22.6 million - and spent $22 million. That includes $1 million she loaned to her campaign that was repaid.
Democrats were worried that Fiorina's personal fortune would give her the advantage.
carly fiorina, barbara boxer, politics
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members