Boxer outspent Fiorina in Calfornia senate race
Newly re-elected Democratic Senator Barbara Boxer not only beat Republican Carly Fiorina at the ballot box -- Boxer also won the money contest over the Silicon Valley millionaire.
Boxer raised $28 million and spent almost all of it -- according to filings with the Federal Election Commission.
Fiorina raised $22.6 million - and spent $22 million. That includes $1 million she loaned to her campaign that was repaid.
Democrats were worried that Fiorina's personal fortune would give her the advantage.
carly fiorina, barbara boxer, politics
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges 32 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times