Two Fresno county officials are sworn into office
FRESNO, Calif. -- Two of Fresno County's top elected officials also took their oaths of office Monday night.
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims and District Attorney Elizabeth Egan were sworn in to office Monday evening at the Copper River Country Club. Both women are the first females in their respective offices, and Monday, they became the first again to be formally re-elected and sworn in.
Mims and Egan say they're happy to have won, but there are still many challenges ahead.
Both Mims and Egan will now serve another four year term.
sheriff margaret mims, elizabeth egan, fresno county, politics
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 47 min ago
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 56 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos