Two Fresno county officials are sworn into office
FRESNO, Calif. -- Two of Fresno County's top elected officials also took their oaths of office Monday night.
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims and District Attorney Elizabeth Egan were sworn in to office Monday evening at the Copper River Country Club. Both women are the first females in their respective offices, and Monday, they became the first again to be formally re-elected and sworn in.
Mims and Egan say they're happy to have won, but there are still many challenges ahead.
Both Mims and Egan will now serve another four year term.
sheriff margaret mims, elizabeth egan, fresno county, politics
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members