Radanovich joins lawsuit against new California congressional districts
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Action News has learned that former Republican Congressman George Radanovich is asking the state supreme court to throw out the 53 new congressional boundaries and appoint a special master to draw up new districts.
Radanovich says the recently drawn maps are illegal and unconstitutional. The lawsuit targets three Los Angeles districts claiming the district lines were redrawn to protect incumbents.
Meanwhile, the Redistricting Commission has said that the new maps would withstand any legal challenge.
Radanovich told Action News, "I think everyone deserves a fair and unbiased commission, but we didn't get one. As a republican, I hope the master appointed by the state supreme court, if this lawsuit is successful, will do a fair and unbiased job."
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 45 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms 30 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 27 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos