Valley voters heading to the polls
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some Valley voters headed to the polls on Tuesday, with a variety of local races appearing on the ballot.
In the South Valley, new city councilmembers and school board members will be elected Tuesday night.
ABC30.com will have the latest results as they begin to come in after polls close at 8 p.m.
In Visalia, voters came out to select their candidates for three open spots on the city council.
There are also three open seats on the Visalia Unified School Board.
Precinct workers in Visalia reported low voter turnout, especially when compared to last year.
"Last year we had 430 voters in this precinct and we are under 90 so far today so we are definitely going to not even make half of that," precinct worker Sharon Magan said.
Precinct volunteers are hoping more people will turn out at the polls once they get off work.
In addition to the three city council seats in Visalia, three school board seats are up for grabs as well.
Farmersville will also decide on school board members. In Woodlake, voters will consider breaking their high school district into separate districts.
In the North Valley, Merced voters will choose a new mayor, and four positions are up for grabs on the seven-member city council.
The polls will remain open until 8 Tuesday evening.
Action News will have complete election results tonight on Action News Live at Eleven, and you can get up to the minute returns here at ABC30.com.
election day, politics
- 5.9 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 1 min ago
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees