Paul Caprioglio announces run for Fresno City Council
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Fresno planning commissioner has made his bid for Fresno City Council official.
"I'm here today with my family, my friends, colleagues to announce my candidacy for District 4 City Council. I want the people of Fresno to step up and make a difference in their community," said Paul Caprioglio.
Caprioglio would replace current city councilman Larry Westerlund if he wins the election. Westerlund, who endorsed Caprioglio today, cannot run again, because of term limits.
This wouldn't be Caprioglio's first time on the Fresno City Council. He served in Westerlund's seat for a year in 2008 and 2009 while Westerlund was serving in the Navy. He will face former legislative staffer Susan Good who unsuccessfully challenged Westerlund in 2008.
paul caprioglio, fresno, fresno city council, politics
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.