Paul Caprioglio announces run for Fresno City Council
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Fresno planning commissioner has made his bid for Fresno City Council official.
"I'm here today with my family, my friends, colleagues to announce my candidacy for District 4 City Council. I want the people of Fresno to step up and make a difference in their community," said Paul Caprioglio.
Caprioglio would replace current city councilman Larry Westerlund if he wins the election. Westerlund, who endorsed Caprioglio today, cannot run again, because of term limits.
This wouldn't be Caprioglio's first time on the Fresno City Council. He served in Westerlund's seat for a year in 2008 and 2009 while Westerlund was serving in the Navy. He will face former legislative staffer Susan Good who unsuccessfully challenged Westerlund in 2008.
paul caprioglio, fresno, fresno city council, politics
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos