Dozens march in Clovis to show support for Ron Paul
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Valley veterans, active duty military members and civilians showed their support for presidential candidate Ron Paul on Sunday.
The group marched from Buchanan High's Veterans Memorial Stadium to the Clovis Veterans Building.
Some of the marchers taking part said they support Ron Paul because of his stance on war.
"We want to give our support to our veterans that are also supporting Ron Paul because we don't want to be sent to wars that are only for the corporations that are making all the money off it. We're for the people and he's here for the rights of the people and our active military veterans," Ron Paul supporter Esteban Rodriguez said.
Sunday's event was intended to mirror a march scheduled for Monday in Washington, D.C. where hundreds of veterans are expected to attend.
ron paul, clovis, fresno county, politics
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact