Dozens march in Clovis to show support for Ron Paul
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Valley veterans, active duty military members and civilians showed their support for presidential candidate Ron Paul on Sunday.
The group marched from Buchanan High's Veterans Memorial Stadium to the Clovis Veterans Building.
Some of the marchers taking part said they support Ron Paul because of his stance on war.
"We want to give our support to our veterans that are also supporting Ron Paul because we don't want to be sent to wars that are only for the corporations that are making all the money off it. We're for the people and he's here for the rights of the people and our active military veterans," Ron Paul supporter Esteban Rodriguez said.
Sunday's event was intended to mirror a march scheduled for Monday in Washington, D.C. where hundreds of veterans are expected to attend.
ron paul, clovis, fresno county, politics
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County 45 min ago
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president 9 min ago
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Dr. Joseph Castro named new Fresno State...
8 min ago