Dozens march in Clovis to show support for Ron Paul
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Valley veterans, active duty military members and civilians showed their support for presidential candidate Ron Paul on Sunday.
The group marched from Buchanan High's Veterans Memorial Stadium to the Clovis Veterans Building.
Some of the marchers taking part said they support Ron Paul because of his stance on war.
"We want to give our support to our veterans that are also supporting Ron Paul because we don't want to be sent to wars that are only for the corporations that are making all the money off it. We're for the people and he's here for the rights of the people and our active military veterans," Ron Paul supporter Esteban Rodriguez said.
Sunday's event was intended to mirror a march scheduled for Monday in Washington, D.C. where hundreds of veterans are expected to attend.
ron paul, clovis, fresno county, politics
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom 45 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest 33 min ago
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Freeze impacts Valley tropical fruit harvest
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos