Dozens march in Clovis to show support for Ron Paul
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Valley veterans, active duty military members and civilians showed their support for presidential candidate Ron Paul on Sunday.
The group marched from Buchanan High's Veterans Memorial Stadium to the Clovis Veterans Building.
Some of the marchers taking part said they support Ron Paul because of his stance on war.
"We want to give our support to our veterans that are also supporting Ron Paul because we don't want to be sent to wars that are only for the corporations that are making all the money off it. We're for the people and he's here for the rights of the people and our active military veterans," Ron Paul supporter Esteban Rodriguez said.
Sunday's event was intended to mirror a march scheduled for Monday in Washington, D.C. where hundreds of veterans are expected to attend.
ron paul, clovis, fresno county, politics
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 1 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos