Dozens march in Clovis to show support for Ron Paul
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Valley veterans, active duty military members and civilians showed their support for presidential candidate Ron Paul on Sunday.
The group marched from Buchanan High's Veterans Memorial Stadium to the Clovis Veterans Building.
Some of the marchers taking part said they support Ron Paul because of his stance on war.
"We want to give our support to our veterans that are also supporting Ron Paul because we don't want to be sent to wars that are only for the corporations that are making all the money off it. We're for the people and he's here for the rights of the people and our active military veterans," Ron Paul supporter Esteban Rodriguez said.
Sunday's event was intended to mirror a march scheduled for Monday in Washington, D.C. where hundreds of veterans are expected to attend.
ron paul, clovis, fresno county, politics
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District 14 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years 1 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado