City Council debates the future of Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno City Council is delaying a decision on the future of Fresno.
Thursday night, hundreds of people packed Fresno City Hall to voice their opinion about what's next for the City of Fresno. That meeting lasted more than six hours, but in the end the council decided to postpone a vote on the city's 2035 General Plan -- Fresno's legal blueprint for how it wants to grow.
The council debated, discussed, and reviewed four different plans. Each alternative has a different mission for growth and expansion for the city.
But some Fresno residents are interested in a 5th plan. "We are pushing for Alternative E, because it pushes growth. We would like to see growth in Southwest Fresno. To bolster the economy in Southwest and take advantage of the infrastructure that's already in place down there," said Jeff Roberts with Granville Homes.
The Fresno City Council is scheduled to vote on the plan in two weeks. Officials say the city still has to complete an environmental study of the 2035 General Plan.
fresno chinatown, fresno downtown, fresno east central, fresno fig garden, fresno northeast, fresno northwest, fresno southeast, fresno southwest, fresno tower district, fresno west central, fresno, fresno city council, politics
- Lemoore airman sentenced to 10 years for pimping a 17-year-old girl 52 min ago
- Calif. man arrested at border on terrorism charges
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Man with no pants attacks Merced woman, police say
- 3rd person dies from South By Southwest crash
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos