Madera City Council tables budget vote as layoffs loom
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera City Council was expected to vote on a budget Thursday night which called for 22 layoffs and the elimination of seven vacant positions in the city. Instead, council members decided to table the issue and continue discussing it at their July 25th meeting.
The cuts could impact several departments, including the Parks and Community Services department. No police or firefighter positions are on the line, but some support staff positions at the police department might be cut.
madera, madera county, politics
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified 48 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant 28 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 56 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos