Madera City Council tables budget vote as layoffs loom
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera City Council was expected to vote on a budget Thursday night which called for 22 layoffs and the elimination of seven vacant positions in the city. Instead, council members decided to table the issue and continue discussing it at their July 25th meeting.
The cuts could impact several departments, including the Parks and Community Services department. No police or firefighter positions are on the line, but some support staff positions at the police department might be cut.
madera, madera county, politics
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Young woman dies in hit-run crash on Highway 99
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'
- Arraignment postponed in accidental Fresno shooting
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Merced water restrictions a step closer to reality
- Car crash knocks doctor's office off its foundation
- Small Wyoming town evacuated after gas explosion
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Memory palace: coping with chemo brain
- Valley sees progress against air pollution