Valley delegates take in DNC
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Valley delegates attending the Democratic National Convention said the excitement is building in Charlotte, North Carolina. They called it an amazing experience to meet people from across the US who have the same mindset and share the same goals.
Charlotte has seized the spotlight for the Democratic convention. Delegates from all 50 states have arrived to hear the party message.
Matt Rogers is chairman of the Fresno County Young Democrats. He said its important convention speakers set the tone Tuesday night.
Rogers explained, "We want to clearly hear the contrast so the country is able to hear the contrast in this election.
Estella Kessler of Selma said she is honored to represent the Valley at the convention. She said, "I'm really, really excited about seeing Michelle Obama. It's like a buzz in the background because everybody's excited inside and out."
Local delegates spent the day in meetings ranging from the women's caucus to the Latino and rural caucus.
Rogers is making sure the Valley message is being heard loud and clear. "It's very cool to say Fresno or the Central Valley and hear people say, where's that and then you get a chance to explain to them our area. They'll ask about what issues are challenging us."
Rogers added he can't wait to hear the speech by the mayor of San Antonio. "His name is Julian Castro and he's been called the Latino Barack Obama. Very inspiring."
Local delegates say they were glad to leave the Valley heat but have found the humidity in Charlotte to be stifling.
politics, dale yurong
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 47 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
46 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
47 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos