ABC30 Election Day Coverage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Polls to opened at 7 a.m.
Watch Videos above for extended coverage
All new in Fresno County this year -- the elections office will have drive-thru polling locations. Nine Different sites throughout the county have been set up to make voting a little bit easier.
Also new this year, Fresno State will open its first polling place so students can cast their vote on campus.
Every vote counts, including absentee ballots cast from outer space.
Mission Control at the Johnson Space Center in Houston emails a digital version of the ballot up to astronauts in the International Space Station. When the ballot is complete, it comes back down to earth on the same path. The ballot is then sent to the voting authorities.
This system was made possible by a 1997 bill passed in Texas. Most former and current astronauts live in or near Houston.
2012 election, election day, politics
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy