Measure G numbers show close result
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Measure G results closed to a razor-thin margin as precincts reported their numbers Tuesday night.
With 100% of precincts reporting, the "yes" votes led 50.3% to 49.7%. The difference between the outcomes was 262 votes, but it was not immediately clear how many remaining absentee and provisional ballots might yet to be counted.
Further results are expected to emerge over the coming days.
Earlier in the day, elections officials reported that turnout was light in some areas, but they anticipated it would improve over the course of the day. With all precincts reporting, turnout was estimated at 23.4%.
Stay tuned to Action News AM Live for the latest election results and results from both supporters and opponents of Measure G.
fresno, fresno county, politics
- Malaysian official: Investigators conclude jet hijacked
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures 57 min ago
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about 7 min ago
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...