Measure G numbers show close result
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Measure G results closed to a razor-thin margin as precincts reported their numbers Tuesday night.
With 100% of precincts reporting, the "yes" votes led 50.3% to 49.7%. The difference between the outcomes was 262 votes, but it was not immediately clear how many remaining absentee and provisional ballots might yet to be counted.
Further results are expected to emerge over the coming days.
Earlier in the day, elections officials reported that turnout was light in some areas, but they anticipated it would improve over the course of the day. With all precincts reporting, turnout was estimated at 23.4%.
Stay tuned to Action News AM Live for the latest election results and results from both supporters and opponents of Measure G.
fresno, fresno county, politics
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 8 min ago
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Accuweather Forecast
20 min ago