Measure G numbers show close result
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Measure G results closed to a razor-thin margin as precincts reported their numbers Tuesday night.
With 100% of precincts reporting, the "yes" votes led 50.3% to 49.7%. The difference between the outcomes was 262 votes, but it was not immediately clear how many remaining absentee and provisional ballots might yet to be counted.
Further results are expected to emerge over the coming days.
Earlier in the day, elections officials reported that turnout was light in some areas, but they anticipated it would improve over the course of the day. With all precincts reporting, turnout was estimated at 23.4%.
Stay tuned to Action News AM Live for the latest election results and results from both supporters and opponents of Measure G.
fresno, fresno county, politics
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder 56 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos