No on Measure G takes slight edge in vote count
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New numbers are out for the controversial Measure G ballot initiative. Just Friday afternoon, the 'No on Measure G' campaign took a slight lead. The no side now is at 50.17 percent. And 'Yes on Measure G' has fallen behind to 49.83 percent.
There has been an issued over the validity of some of the ballots. The Yes on G camp is contesting signatures on some of the votes. Ballot counting was temporarily halted Thursday. Election officials say 600 ballots are currently being contested. And more than 2,000 provisionals need to be counted.
Marina Madalleno with No on G said, "We have a slight edge, and then there are 2,100 provisionals, I think those are going to be ours. I don't know about the 600, the challenged ballots, we will have to see."
Chris Collier with Yes on G said, "There's still discussions of what will happen as far as the provionals. To make sure that if we want to ask that certain ballots that are provisional get a higher level of scrutiny, then we'll be able to do that."
The staff counting the ballots will continue to work through the next few business days. An update on the ballot count will not be released until next Wednesday.
politics, rick montanez
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals