Polls open in California 16th District State Senate seat election
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Voters head to the polls to cast their ballot in a special election for the California 16th District State Senate seat.
Tuesday is round two in the state senate race between Republican Andy Vidak and Democrat Leticia Perez. They were the top two vote getters among five candidates in the May primary.
The winner will be decided in Tuesday's runoff election. Leticia Perez is a Kern County Supervisor from Bakersfield. Andy Vidak is a cherry farmer from Hanford.
election day, voter information, fresno county, fresno downtown, fresno, andy vidak, leticia perez, politics, carlos saucedo
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops