Polls open in California 16th District State Senate seat election
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Voters head to the polls to cast their ballot in a special election for the California 16th District State Senate seat.
Tuesday is round two in the state senate race between Republican Andy Vidak and Democrat Leticia Perez. They were the top two vote getters among five candidates in the May primary.
The winner will be decided in Tuesday's runoff election. Leticia Perez is a Kern County Supervisor from Bakersfield. Andy Vidak is a cherry farmer from Hanford.
election day, voter information, fresno county, fresno downtown, fresno, andy vidak, leticia perez, politics, carlos saucedo
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime